Sibera

Sibera

Sunday, September 28, 2014

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich - Risk-taker Resercher

       Risk-taker Resercher
Finishing the book One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, I found the story really interesting because you can “put your-self in somebody’s shoes”during the World War 2, but at the same time the story is really sad and strong. In some of my other blogposts I talk a little more of what is going on outside the camp but in this blogpost I decide to do a little more deeper and research a big part of the character, Ivan Denisovich’s, life. During the end of the book I had a question stuck in my head that didn’t answer throughout the whole book it was mentioned only in the afterword but it is not really detailed and deepened so I decided to research about my question. The question was:
“Why did Ivan Denisovich go against his own county (Russia)?”
Well, I think that their are various reasons. One of the reasons that he could have gone against his country was because Russia had joined the Axis Power and that made Ivan Denisovich revolted. But their could have many other reasons. I did a mini research to see what Russia was doing in World War 2. 

The bulk of Soviet fighting took place on the Eastern Front including Finland, but it also invaded Iran. Joseph Stalin was the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union’s Central Committee from 1922-1953. In August 1941 Stalin directed them to enter a non-aggression pact with the Nazi’s, dividing the whole of Eastern Europe into German and Soviet spheres of influences. With just that movement Ivan already had reason to go against his country. In pages. 170-171 from the book One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich you can find more information on why Ivan went against his country, the reason that he entered the camp. 


No comments:

Post a Comment