Sibera

Sibera

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Job #2 – Connection Captain - Simone

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
Week 5
Pages 134- 167

When the narrator was talking about how all of the prisoners always sleep through the whole day on Sundays because they have lost so much sleep during the week, reminded me of someone I know that really does the same thing. If I see him on the way to school my mom always asks him what he did over the weekend. He says two things, do homework and sleep. He he, like the prisoners, has to sleep as much as possible during the weekend because he looses so much sleep during the week doing homework, going to sleep late, and then waking up early the next day. The prisoners do the same thing, they are woken up at maybe around 5 am and work really hard all day with really no breaks at all. And then they might not be able to go to sleep until around 10 pm. 

  Source

When Alyoshka was trying to get Shukhov to pray properly it reminded me of how my brothers correct each other. Sometimes my brothers fight about how to do things or how to say them, and when I read about when Alyoshka was trying to do that with Shukhov I thought about how my brothers do that. Alyoshka was trying to explain to Shukhov why he should pray to God properly and Shukhov didn't really understand. That reminds me of my brothers because when one is trying to explain how to do something, a lot of the time, the other one doesn't understand it at all.

  Source

No comments:

Post a Comment